The Dead Prophets Society

We seek truth ABOUT the Bible, in order to gain truth FROM the Bible.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The interesting thing about our first meeting is its particular configuration of people groups. I would like to see more females in the future of course because we just won't get nearly as far without as much help from that gender as we can get. But we basically had 2 generations dovetailing into a common fellowship with a hunger for God's Word, which, by the way, I believe to be the person of Christ, who is one with the Holy Spirit that reveals and empowers the Word on Earth, and with the Father who created all things in, through, and for the Word, to His glory.

I had a feeling during our first meeting that the fellowhip aspect of it would grow and serve our cause well, and that is one reason I consider the "Dead Prophets Society" name to be so apropos, given the nature of the wonderful and artistic film, The Dead Poets Society. I also think this blog will be an important part of that fellowship and its deepening and development if many take advantage of it.

Finally, I applaud Paul Eli our instigator and moderator for his faithful and wise pursuit of this course of action, this "ministry," which to me already has had some of the earmarks of an annointed one: giving hope, direction, and God's Word Himself to people by any means available. I think another earmark of an annointed ministry is that it is prompted by whatever situation happens to be at hand, rather than by the aspirations of man to build upon an Earthly plan of some sort.

God's Word will stand up to any scrutiny of man that begins with unbridled faith in the Father. Otherwise it will stand up in spite of a more faithless approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home